Monday 31 January 2011

Results day....

After confirming my History teachers predictions - who happens to be the ugliest man in the world - that I am an underachiever, plagued by my relaxed nature and a very unstable life personally, I was invited to a party. I said yes, with great immediacy, trying to sound excited whilst hoping to avoid the look of me being sad and lonely.

It was Amy Babington's party, a long-time friend of mine (Amy actually completed most of my coursework for me as deadlines passed), what a great night! I am still currently hung-over. I arrived with a few mates, around twelve turned up, six males and six females. Balance of sex; I am a lover of even numbers, anything odd I think my world is going to come to an end. This is especially the case when it comes to volume on the TV or Radio. I started drinking cider - as always - and before I knew it I had drunk four litres and a few of my mates cans. I wasn't in a good way. But my one mate was worse. He fell asleep at about 10 o'clock, and the woke at 12 managing to projectile vomit across to the other side of the room. It was astonishing. I'm sure a world record was broken. To make things worse, on his second gag he covered his mouth and it sprayed all in his face and on my trousers. It slowly seeped through his fingers as he shamefully walked to the toilet. I apologise for being graphic, it was the only way to explain the amazing amount of vomit he produced.

Later in the night, Amy and I kissed. She already has a boyfriend. I have text her today apologising, but she confirmed that she has broken up with the boyfriend, a somewhat friend of mine. Supposedly there is a code that you don't see a friends ex; but if this was the case in my town you wouldn't be able to see anyone. She confirmed that this break-up was because 'she didn't want to be in a relationship anymore'. Do I take this as a sign that she is interested in me? After all, she didn't have to tell me.

So, overlooking the issue, I am very happy that I kissed her. She is an amazing girl, and we interact with each other with great fluency, humour and we have that 'click'. As humans we always have that problem between what your brain tells and what your heart says. It is the underlying issue of knowing what is right, but it is the opposite to how you feel. What we have to do is make the choice and never look back, because you never know where that choice will take you. As we all just live in hope that our choices will always lead to happiness; hope that the girl you are hoping to be with will ultimately be the one!

Jack

X

No comments:

Post a Comment